Launched on a new year, January 1st, 2015, Express Entry is the most successful, popular and organized point based Immigration System in the whole world today. Canada’s Express Entry System selects the skilled and qualified immigrants for permanent residency visa, based on the requirements of Canadian labour market and economy. Express Entry manages the applications received from the number of individuals for Permanent Residence (PR) in its below economic immigration programs, i.e.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades program and
- Canadian experience class
Express Entry selects the skilled immigrants with the help of its point based system that allocates points to the registered candidates, based on their key profile factors, i.e. age, education, work experience language skills, etc.
Provinces and territories authorities has an advantage to view the details of the candidates and choose the candidates according to the need from the Express Entry system for their Provincial Nominee Program to meet the local labour market needs accordingly.
The key express entry eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Provide the score results of the language test.
- Overseas applicants must show their Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report lists parallel to the Canadian education.
- A candidate need to apply online in Express entry and submit EOI at the time of applying for Express Entry
- Must score minimum 67 points based on the factors such as age, work experience, finances, assets etc.
- Provide the health and character certifications
- you can now score additional points for at least one sibling living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- you can also score additional points for strong French language skills